TopChiller can design and manufacture all types of portable air chillers for you
- Cooling capacity ranges from 1 ton to 50 ton
- Temperature control ranges from 7°C to 30°C
- Best quality hermetic scroll compressor
- Efficient fin style condenser & water filters
- Solenoid valves and shut off valves installation
- Copper condenser coils and aluminum fins
- Centrifugal pumps, fan motor, refrigerant filter
- Non-ferrous construction, insulated reservoir
Your Premier Portable Air Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China
Portable Air Chiller is a specialized designed cooling unit configured with a refrigeration circuit and reservoir that produces a cooling effect by releasing out heat from the system by using chiller air circulation around the condenser.
TopChiller is the most experienced and professional company in China among the top world enterprises as a manufacturer and supplier of Portable Air Chiller since 1999.
For over twenty years, TopChiller is profoundly working for manufacturing standardized and innovative technologies based on customized Portable Air Chiller models with different specifications and supplying to the whole world marketplace with superb fame and credibility.
Portable Air Chiller is made of some basic components for its efficient working as scroll compressor, air-cooled condenser, solenoid valves, centrifugal pumps, heat exchanger, evaporator, refrigerant filters, aluminum fins, inlet filters, and protecting devices.
TopChiller brand Portable Air Chiller has an assorted number of benefits for its energy-efficient operation as given below:
- Portable Air Chiller is distinctive and durable in its chilling operation featured by energy-efficient scroll compressor that automatically controls the heating load from different applications by using hot gas bypass preventing the unit from any leakage.
- Portable Air Chiller is easy to install configured by its small compact design with no water tank and wheeling casters mounting makes the unit easy to move.
- TopChiller designed Portable Air Chiller ensures the steadfast release of heat from most of the applications by using chilled air circulation around condenser coils and gets absorbed the all heat collected by evaporator from a machine.
- Portable Air Chiller is featured with nonferrous construction and small footprint preventing the unit from corrosion and air filters are present to clear the air entering inside the unit.
- TopChiller brand Portable Air Chiller has lower costs of maintenance configured by protecting units and solenoid valves that maintain proper flow of refrigerant by shutting off the unit in an emergency.
Portable Air Chiller is steadily used for different industrial and commercial applications due to its compact design and easy maintenance as:
Laser industry, glasswork, thermoforming, laser carving, beverages and beer production, food processing, welding, plastic industry, hotels, and corporate events, etc.
Are you considering buying a highly reliable and energy-conserving compact Portable Air Chiller for your application?
Are you sourcing for a renowned company manufacturing energy-efficient Portable Air Chiller in China for making a collaboration to increase your production capabilities?
TopChiller is the most desiring company to choose. So don’t delay in making the best decision. Make contact with TopChiller trained employees and expert engineers to get suggestions, technical assistance, and customizing services to size the best Portable Air Chiller for your business at reasonable charges.
Our team is looking forward to hearing from you for providing the best optimal solutions to your queries as we can without taking much time.
A Portable Air Chiller is a prime quality cooling machine that can decrease the high heat produced in different industries to protect the machines and their operators. It maintains a specific temperature inside the industry to ensure maximum productivity of the processes being carried out.
Portable Air Chiller, designed by TopChiller, comes with a branded compressor, condensers and evaporators, a water storage tank, water pump, exhaust fan, and flow control valves to complete a refrigeration cycle. Water, glycol, and environment-friendly refrigerants are commonly employed fluids filled in this equipment. Also, it has casters which aid in its easy movement between places.
Due to its solid design and less maintenance, Portable Air Chiller manufactured by TopChiller is progressively used for different industrial applications, including laser industry, glass manufacturing, thermoforming, laser carving, beer production, food factory, welding plants, plastic industry, and corporate events, etc.
TopChiller holds extensive experience of 20 years in designing and supplying Portable Air Chillers loaded with all the basic and unique features, such as durable construction, efficient working, and easy operation.
To get your Portable Air Chiller, contact the best rated customer service of TopChiller. You can also let us know your customization requirements and optional accessories you want to avail.
Features and Advantages:
Here are enlisted some critical features and benefits of the Portable Air Chiller:
- The condenser ensures maximum heat transfer, has a rigid design, and produces minimum noise, which comes with easy to clean direct-drive propeller compressor fan and motor.
- The evaporator is a plate-type heat exchanger available in stainless steel construction, which guarantees easy cleaning, long life, and corrosion resistance.
- Its hermetic scroll compressor uses less power, produces minimum sound, and provides a high cooling effect.
- It has different sensors to detect deviations in additional factors such as temperature, pressure, and moisture. Also, it has numerous alarms to indicate conditions such as high pressure, low pressure, high temperature, low temperature, high water, or refrigerant level.
- Portable Air Chiller has an extensive water reservoir to store a large volume of water and an efficient water pump, available in stainless steel materials. You can select single or double pumps depending upon your convenience and requirement.
|Portable Air Chiller Technical Specifications|
|Power source||1PH~220V/3PH~220V/380V 50HZ/60HZ||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Control||Capillary / thermostatic expansion valve|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic Rotary||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum+low noise external rotor fan|
|Air flow (m3/h)||750||1000||1500||2000||2500||3000||4000||5000||6000||8000||10000||12000||15000|
|Evaporator||Type||SS Tank coil / shell and tube type / Plate type heat exchanger|
| Chilled water|
|Water pump||Power (kw)||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.75||0.75||0.75||1.5||1.5||2.2|
|Max flow (m3)||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||8.1||8.1||8.1||13.5||13.5||25.2|
|Safety protection||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high/low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection, exhaust overheat protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, 12℃/7℃.Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature 12℃/7℃.
2, 33℃/38℃.Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 33℃/38℃.
We reserve the right to modify the specification without further notice.
Why TopChiller is Your Reliable Portable Air Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier In China?
Portable Air Chiller-An Ultimate FAQ Guide by Top Chiller.
- What is a Portable Air Chiller?
- What are Significant Parts of a Portable Air Chiller?
- What are the Excellent Features of a Portable Air Chiller?
- What are the Uses of a Portable Air Chiller?
- What is the Working Mechanism of a Portable Air Chiller?
- What are the Compatible Accessories for your Portable Air Chiller?
- What is the Role of Thermal Expansion Valve in a Portable Air Chiller?
- What are the Adjustable Parameters of the TLC Control System of your Portable Air Chiller?
- What are the Benefits of the Portable Air Chiller for your Business?
- How is a Portable Air Chiller Different from a Stationary Air Chiller?
- How to Manually Fill your Portable Air Chiller?
- What are the Pressure Gauges Indications in your Portable Air Chiller?
- How to Choose the Right Portable Air Chiller for your Industry?
- How to Replace the Flow Switch of your Portable Air Chiller?
- What are the Safety Alarms in a Portable Air Chiller?
- How to Troubleshoot your Portable Air Chiller?
- What are the Causes of a Faulty Liquid Line of your Portable Air Chiller?
- How to Increase the Efficiency of your Portable Air Chiller?
What is a Portable Air Chiller?
A Portable Air Chiller is a highly powerful cooling equipment employed in several industries to deal with their extra heat loads.
It has a compact and durable design, efficient components, high performance, and some caster wheels, provided for the operator’s convenience.
The spacious reservoir, stainless steel evaporator, efficient condenser, efficient refrigeration cycle, multiple control valves, along with several other components, work together to complete its cooling effect.
Typically, it is available in a 0.5 to 500 tons size range, but you can increase this size by adding extra accessories and parts for complex industries.
You can install Portable Air Chiller in thermoforming, beverage, food, laser, glass manufacturing industries to provide a cooling effect by decreasing the extra heat produced from heavy machines.
Portable Chiller Designed by TopChiller
What are Significant Parts of a Portable Air Chiller?
A Portable Air Chiller is made up of the given components, and each one is essential for completing the function of this heavy-duty cooling equipment:
The compressor of the Portable Air Chiller is designed to compress the refrigerant from low to high temperatures.
It is possible to maintain a stable temperature by exchanging heat with various media after compressing a refrigerant. It relies on a compressor for its cooling power.
The compressor increases the refrigerant vapor pressure and propels it into the coils while supporting heat transmission.
It usually has an evaporator coil for the water tank, with construction material and design depending on client requirements.
Most commonly, the plate-exchange evaporator can indeed be employed in a Portable Air Chiller.
The plate exchange evaporator makes it possible to evaporate liquid refrigerant at low pressure. The cooling medium’s heat is absorbed by the evaporator, which turns the refrigerant into steam.
When the compressor releases refrigerant, the condenser ensures that it is condensed and becomes a liquid. The goal is to reduce the temperature of the refrigerant flow.
The heat released by the condenser’s refrigerant is taken off through the air during condensation. Heat transfer is complete when a refrigerant exchanges and transfers heat.
Using a water pump, cold water may be kept flowing in a contained area by increasing the water’s pressure.
If the water pump isn’t designed correctly, it won’t produce the required results. The flow of chilled water will not be adequate if the pressure of the water pump is insufficient.
Consequently, additional heat would be generated due to the increased cooling demand.
In other situations, if the speed of water pumps isn’t controlled, more pressure and flow of chilled water will increase the need for power.
As a response, there is a significant probability that power costs will rise; that is why water pumps must be serviced regularly.
Water Storage Tank
To maintain its durability, it has a stainless steel water tank. The purpose of the water tank is to expand the efficiency of the system while also ensuring that the temperature of the water within the chiller remains stable.
To deal with peak loads and when the requirement surpasses the cooling efficiency of the Portable Air Chiller, a buffer tank is used to provide improved results in overall system operation.
A buffer tank can be used in conjunction with a system that guarantees improved results in overall system operation.
Electronic Control System
The control system is primarily responsible for monitoring the operation condition, valve upkeep, and related equipment throughout that cooling process.
The Portable Air Chiller may be cooled and heated simultaneously with a bladed exhaust fan.
Ventilation Fans assist it in removing excess hot vapors/air to make place for fresher air. As a result, its vent fans contribute to a more comfortable working atmosphere.
Preferably it utilizes high-quality exhaust fans for maximum thermal performance.
Stainless Steel Portable Air Chiller Pump
What are the Excellent Features of a Portable Air Chiller?
Some fantastic features exhibited by Portable Air Chiller are:
- Durable scroll compressor
- Capacious stainless steel reservoir
- Stainless steel evaporator
- Pre-installed thermometer attached with aluminum tank level gauge
- Non-ferrous makeup
- Easy to clean air filters
- Durable cabinet finished with powder coating
- Big sized refrigerant filter
- Self-valve filling
- Excellent reservoir insulation
- Moisture indicator
- Multiple sensors and safety devices
Portable Air Chiller Sensors
What are the Uses of a Portable Air Chiller?
Following are some typical applications of the Portable Air Chiller to reduce the extra heat loads in the given industries:
Thermoforming refers to a production method in which plastics are heated to the ideal production temperature.
Plastics are molded into a precise shape and then trimmed to make a new product using this method. A Portable Air Chiller is used to keep the temperature stable.
If this is not used, problems like harshness and bubbles could happen during the thermoforming process. It is, therefore, an absolute need in the thermoforming procedure.
Upon getting heated at extreme temps, glass must be cooled down fast.
However, if the cooling water temperature is too high, the softness grade will suffer, resulting in undesirable outcomes.
To maintain the quality of glass goods, a Portable Air Chiller produces chilled water that is utilized to cool down and manage the water temperature.
A Portable Air Chiller can be used to cool things like laser welding machines, laser cutting machines, laser marking and carving machines, and laser welding and cutting machines.
It adjusts the temperature by laser equipment’s heat requirements, therefore providing better normal operating of lasers.
Fermentation processes that create a lot of heat, such as those used to make beer and other alcoholic drinks and meals, can affect food quality.
Because of this, it is necessary for cooling down the food. It is helpful in many sectors; thus, it’s a reality.
What is the Working Mechanism of a Portable Air Chiller?
Here is a detailed explanation about the working procedure and principle followed by the Portable Air Chiller to achieve cooling:
Portable Air Chiller functions by storing the heat from treated water and then dissipating it. After circulating through the air handler system, warm water is returned to the chiller for cooling.
The chiller’s evaporator removes heat from the water absorbed from the system. The evaporator uses hot water to evaporate the liquid refrigerant.
Excessively low-pressure gas is produced from a refrigerant passing over an evaporator tubing.
Portable Air Chiller compressors use evaporated refrigerant once produced as a low-pressure gas.
Compressors convert low-pressure gas to high-pressure gas. The compressed gas exits the compressor and flows to the condenser.
The condenser exhausts most of its heat outdoors via exhaust fans mounted on the condenser’s side.
Because the heat is evacuated from the system via blowing air, it is preferable to locate the chiller outdoors.
You can also place it in a broad interior area that will not be influenced by the extra heat generated by the exhaust air.
Once the gas exits the condenser and enters the atmosphere, the refrigerant transforms into a high-pressure fluid. From the expansion valve, the high-pressure liquid returns to the evaporator.
Once the high-pressure fluid enters the evaporator, the refrigerant converts back to a low-pressure fluid.
Due to the continual cyclic operation of this chiller, this low-pressure fluid is then returned to the evaporator.
This is how the entire cycle is repeated to keep the temperature within the cooling criterion.
What are the Compatible Accessories for your Portable Air Chiller?
Different accessories that can enhance the performance of your Portable Air Chiller include:
- Remote or Integral Air-Cooled Condenser
- Compressor Sound Enclosures
- High Static Pressure Fans
- Remote Control Panel
What is the Role of Thermal Expansion Valve in a Portable Air Chiller?
A thermal expansion regulator is a component of a Portable Air Chiller that regulates the amount of refrigerant released into the evaporator.
It also maintains a constant temperature in the evaporator. The valve ensures that the refrigerant is converted to vapor after it exits the evaporator.
Also, it provides an adequate liquid refrigerant to the evaporator’s coils, resulting in improved heat exchange.
Thermal Expansion Valve of Portable Air Chiller
What are the Adjustable Parameters of the TLC Control System of your Portable Air Chiller?
Different factors that can be adjusted by the TLC control unit of the Portable Air Chiller are:
- Setpoint limit process variable
- Setting the chiller’s temperature control
- Indicator of low air pressure
- Temperature deviation ignores time for flow switch
- Setpoint for low-temperature alarm
- A temperature warning has been sounded
- High-temperature safety
- Temperature range with a deviation
- Setpoint for a very high temperature
Control System of Portable Air Chiller
What are the Benefits of the Portable Air Chiller for your Business?
Some of the benefits of employing a Portable Air Chiller include the following:
Super Energy Efficient
This is the best option if you want an energy-efficient cooling system for your industry. Also, it saves you money in terms of maintenance and operation.
It may not emit any emissions as it leaves carbon footprints with low quantities of carbon.
Environmental contamination will not be caused by the presence of polluting elements in the product.
Prevent Air Pollution
Also, it comes with a filter that will help remove contaminants and debris from the air around it.
This aids in improving the air quality in your room by circulating more fresh air around the space.
Portable and Practical
The lightweight of this chiller makes it move quickly. Packaging is also quite simple because it has a simple layout that supports simple packing and transport.
Cost-Effective to Set-Up
In addition, you will invest almost no expense on the purchase and installation of a Portable Air Chiller. Moreover, the maintenance will be easy and simple and will save you good money.
How is a Portable Air Chiller Different from a Stationary Air Chiller?
There are no significant differences between the two types of air chillers, except that one of them is a lot smaller.
Because it is more significant, it can cool more efficiently. There is no need for a huge room to install since they can be deployed in tiny spaces.
A Portable Air Chiller is a wonderful option for temporary chilling since it is easy to transport.
Stationary Air Chiller
How to Manually Fill your Portable Air Chiller?
It is essential to follow the given steps when filling your Portable Air Chiller with water or glycol:
- The first thing is to make a connection between the water hose and the drain valve.
- It is then necessary to close the process from and to process valves.
- Now open the drain valve and fill the unit with water.
- Properly close the drain valve so that water doesn’t leak out.
- Measure the level of coolant and adjust it if needed.
- When you are done with all these things, detach the water hose from the drain valve.
Some chillers have an auto-fill reservoir, which helps in the automatic filling of water in the reservoir by the level switch.
- The first thing is to mix desirable proportions of water and glycol.
- Now open the drain valve and fill the solution to the level marked on the water level gauge. Make sure you don’t overfill, or it will come out of the unit.
- Now, properly close this fill valve.
- Measure the coolant level given on the water level gauge. It will be low initially when this coolant starts to circulate inside pipes. You can always add more coolant to get the required level.
- Now using PLC control, set the percent glycol, and ensure that the unit is turned on for adjusting this setting.
What are the Pressure Gauges Indications in your Portable Air Chiller?
Different indicators for the pressure gauges in your Portable Air Chiller are:
- A PSH alarm activates when there is high pressure in the refrigerant switch. You can manually reset the switch to correct this fault.
- A TSH alarm indicates an extremely high temperature, damaging the condenser.
- RSt alarm activates when the unit’s power is regained after any power loss.
- The SF2 alarm highlights an out-of-range temperature sensor.
- FAL alarm is activated when the process water flow switch detects a prolonged low flow condition.
Portable Air Chiller High and Low Pressure Gauge
How to Choose the Right Portable Air Chiller for your Industry?
To decide the correct type of Portable Air Chiller, always consider the given factors:
Choosing this unit that is up to the level of cooling your equipment is critical.
You can use it in multiple industries to get over the high heat production problem in a minimum time due to its efficient and effective performance.
The main things to consider are the time it consumes to deliver the desired cooling effect and how much energy it uses to provide the results.
Also, it is essential to select a sufficient unit to meet your needs.
It is recommended that you choose a unit that is within your financial reach in terms of purchasing and maintenance costs.
You should also have a sufficient amount of money to be capable of servicing, maintaining, or repairing your Portable Air Chiller properly.
It is critical to think about how long it will survive in operation. You should get one built to last longer, both in the components and the working.
For this, you can go with the ones having a stainless body and stainless piping, which are super protected against corrosion.
Quality and Warranty Requirements
You will be looking at its reliability as well as the length of time that the manufacturer will be offering a guarantee.
When it comes to a Portable Air Chiller of high quality, the guarantee period is mostly longer as compared to other types due to its fewer maintenance requirements.
How to Replace the Flow Switch of your Portable Air Chiller?
The correct procedure to replace the flow switch of your Portable Air Chiller is explained as:
- Power to the system should be disconnected and locked out.
- Unlock the electrical enclosure. Identify the connections for the appropriate switch on the terminal switch by removing the cover from the electrical section.
- To determine which terminals are proper for the system, see the wiring schematics that came with it.
- Check the switch to make sure it is working.
- Continuity should be checked within the switch to ensure that it matches the current status of the switch. If necessary, thoroughly clean the switch.
- Switches should be replaced as needed.
- Draining the tank is necessary to change the switch.
To inspect a flow switch, do the following:
When the electrical cover is reinstalled, move the top of the switch housing over till the letter N.O. (normally open) is visible on display.
Portable Air Chiller Flow Switch
What are the Safety Alarms in a Portable Air Chiller?
The Portable Air Chiller has different safety alarms such as:
- Heat Control Switch
- A Low and High-Pressure Switch
- Compressor Overheat Protector
- An Overload Protector
- Regular Start Protector
How to Troubleshoot your Portable Air Chiller?
Troubleshooting your Portable Air Chiller helps in detecting and resolving different problems which can interrupt its normal working, such as:
Control Unit is Not Working
Sometimes, the control unit is not working, and in the chiller this can happen due to an insufficient power supply or a problematic TLC control unit.
To fix this problem, you can check and ensure the correct position and attachment of the cord and power plug and ensure that all the fuses and breakers are in place and working correctly.
The other thing is to adjust the voltage requirements mentioned in the user manual.
If there is any problem with the fuse, correctly replace it with a new one to prevent an electrical accident.
Sufficient power to the temperature controller is also essential to achieve and maintain, so always consider this solution.
Voltage Ups and Down
A Portable Air Chiller may not function properly if the line voltage is too low or the connection is too loose. Using an Ohm meter, check the voltage and adjust it if necessary.
High pressure from circulating tubes can cause refrigerants to escape from them.
Using its display screen, you can troubleshoot this. Select ‘Run’ from the menu options. After that, click on the manual button and scroll down.
Push the ‘pump on’ button in the handbook. To find the leak/leakage valves, do this. Ensure that its electric power source is disconnected.
Make sure that all of the valves are working correctly, then turn on the power again.
It is possible that the temperature may not stabilize at the regulated temperature and will instead decrease, resulting in the icing of the refrigerant.
To troubleshoot this, verify whether the amount of water used in glycol is perfect or not. To avoid icing, make sure they are mixed in equal parts of the mixture.
Portable Air Chiller Troubleshooting
What are the Causes of a Faulty Liquid Line of your Portable Air Chiller?
Some causes of a faulty liquid line of this product are:
- The condenser may be clogged due to dirt accumulation
- The fan motor is not working properly
- Closed compressor discharge valve
- The flow of condenser water is insufficient
- Extra refrigerant is present
- The waterline of the condenser is clogged
- The condenser valve is not properly open
- PLC wiring is incorrect
- The pressure transducer is not operating properly
- The water regulating valve is blocked or un operational
The general solution to a faulty liquid line of this equipment is to clean the condenser and make it free of dirt.
Other than this, replacing the faulty valves with properly working ones is suggested. Also, maintain the appropriate and desired level of water and refrigerant.
Portable Air Chiller Compressor
How to Increase the Efficiency of your Portable Air Chiller?
To enhance the efficiency of your chiller, it is essential to keep it clean and free from clogging. Also, it is crucial to maintain a suitable level of refrigerant and water in it. Some other measures include:
Prevention from Corrosion by Cleaning
Corrosion can build up in the tubing of a Portable Air Chiller over time, making it difficult to remove the heat that has been created.
As a result, it is critical to schedule and conduct regular or yearly maintenance on chiller tubes to ensure the proper operation of a Portable Air Chiller.
Measurement of Glycol Concentration for Refrigerant
Even when the system is operating normally, the evaporator is the more vulnerable component to freezing.
The fluid that enters the evaporator should flow through without producing ice before being used.
This measurement is for adding glycol to water in an adjustable amount to create refrigerants.
Preserving Design Flow Rates
To ensure that it operates at peak efficiency, keeping the design flow velocity of the condenser and evaporator constant is necessary.