TopChiller can design and manufacture all types of small chillers for you
- Cooling capacity ranges from 1 Ton to 30 Ton
- Temperature control ranges from 3°C to 28°C
- Hermetically efficient reciprocating compressor
- LCD touch screen & PLC temperature controller
- Red copper heat exchanger & SS water tank
- Aluminum covered copper condenser pipes
- Phase loss and high/low-pressure protection
- Small size, compact design & easy installation
Your Premier Small Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier in China
Small Chiller is a compact designed water cooling machine that executes the cooling effect by occupying a small place for small-scale applications either by using chilled water or glycol circulation depending on application requirements.
TopChiller is the world’s best and most reputed company of China that you will see moving ahead profoundly in the manufacturing of highly desiring Small Chiller with distinctive features and assured quality.
Since 1999, TopChiller is providing customized services as well as aftermarket services with full technical assistance to assist our customers and constantly manufacture top quality Small Chiller for world markets.
TopChiller manufactured Small Chiller constitute some of the basic components as reciprocating compressor, temperature controller, screen display, copper coils heat exchanger, aluminum coated condenser, protecting devices, distribution units, and electric current supply.
TopChiller designed Small Chiller has its marvelous advantages for small scale applications as given below:
- Small Chiller is energy efficient and steadfast in its operation for small-scale applications configured by its compact design and a low number of components with no accessories that provide instant cooling and require lower or no costs of maintenance.
- TopChiller brand Small Chiller that is used for fish tank ensures the real-time regulation of water temperature at specific point configured by use of PLC temperature controller that provides the cooling to prevent water heat up even in the day time.
- Small Chiller is easy to install either indoor or outdoor featured by its lower weight and lite duty (horsepower) design.
- TopChiller engineered Small Chiller provides instant cooling featured by the installation of chilled glycol preventing tubes from rusting and refrigerant from freezing or chilled water having high capacity of heat absorption.
- Small Chiller is portable featured with wheeling casters ensuring easy movement of Small Chiller with corrosion protective energy-efficient condenser for heat exchange.
Small Chiller is renowned for its small size in different industrial applications as:
Aquarium, fish farms, lightning industry, pharmaceutical industry, park pools, semi-conductors, UV-LED, medical, and laser industry, etc.
If you have your own business on small scale and want to buy a reliable Small Chiller to grow up your application?
If you are looking around to find a professional company manufacturing Small Chiller to get assistance and helping guidelines to expand your business?
TopChiller is an emerging manufacturer that assists customers with integrity. Go for a visit or make a call to TopChiller expert staff for getting detailed information and updates about your Chiller inquiries.
TopChiller team is directed to provide full buying assistance, quote, or other technical support as per your demand. TopChiller sales avail the client with standardized Small Chiller or customized Small Chiller according to application requirements at suitable charges.
Small Chiller is a highly precise, more advanced cooling unit that features small footprints and prime qualities. It mediates excellent cooling performance by discharging the system heat through its reliable condenser coils.
Small Chiller manufactured by TopChiller is equipped with variable speed fans, branded scroll compressor, air-cooled condenser, and PHE that integrate to run a refrigeration cycle.
Except for caster wheels helps in easy movement and installation. A microprocessor, thermostat, and emergency alarms make our Small Chiller durable with their capability to regulate temperature and pressure.
The incredible energy efficiency and design stability of Small Chiller designed by TopChiller have introduced it among a large number of small scale applications as:
Injection molding, plastic industry, milling, metal cutting, bio labs, semiconductors manufacturing, laser industry, food and beverage, biopharmaceuticals, etc.
With over twenty years of rich experience, TopChiller offers top performance quality in its Small Chiller models while minimizing downtime and repairing costs.
Are you facing a problem installing a processing machine and cooling device for your system due to small spacing? TopChiller is a worldwide brand that has introduced advanced Small Chillers, having high cooling capacity but small footprints.
So you are on the right platform today. Make sure to contact our sales engineers to get the best optimal Small Chiller for your application at the best comparable rates. Thus confirm your order to avail of our services.
Features and Advantages:
Small Chiller is renowned for its applicability for small scale applications under its unique features and benefits as given below:
- Occupation of lower space for installation and corrosion protection configured by a compact design and stainless steel body.
- An air-cooled condenser assists the heat discharging of a processing machine from the system featured by the supply of fresh ambient air over the condenser.
- The operation of the whole unit is controlled and regulated at set points configured by the installation of the microprocessor and its emergency alarms.
- Anti-freezing and corrosion resistive plate type/tube in tube evaporator efficiently exchange heat between refrigerant and coolant under turbulence flow of liquid.
- The unit is equipped with energy-efficient scroll compressors configuring refrigerant compression and noise-free operation.
- The integration of electric heaters mediates the unit to work at heating and cooling mode.
|Smaller Chiller Technical Specifications|
|Power source||1PH~220V/3PH~220V/380V 50HZ/60HZ||3PH～380V/415V/480V～50HZ/60HZ(3PH～200V/220V 50HZ/60HZ)|
|Control||Capillary / thermostatic expansion valve|
|Compressor||Type||Hermetic Rotary||Hermetic scroll ( piston )|
|Condenser||Type||Efficient finned copper tube with aluminum+low noise external rotor fan|
|Air flow (m3/h)||750||1000||1500||2000||2500||3000||4000||5000||6000||8000||10000||12000||15000|
|Evaporator||Type||SS Tank coil / shell and tube type / Plate type heat exchanger|
| Chilled water|
|Water pump||Power (kw)||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.37||0.75||0.75||0.75||1.5||1.5||2.2|
|Max flow (m3)||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||5.4||8.1||8.1||8.1||13.5||13.5||25.2|
|Safety protection||Compressor inner protection, over current protection, high/low pressure protection, over temperature protection, flow rate protection, phase sequence/phase missing protection, low level coolant protection, anti freezing protection, exhaust overheat protection|
The above specifications are according to the following design conditions:
1, 12℃/7℃.Chilled water inlet/outlet temperature 12℃/7℃.
2, 33℃/38℃.Cooling air inlet/outlet temperature 33℃/38℃.
We reserve the right to modify the specification without further notice.
Why TopChiller is Your Reliable Small Chiller Manufacturer and Supplier In China?
Small Chiller-An Ultimate FAQ Guide by TopChiller.
- What is Small Chiller?
- What are the Basic Components of a Small Chiller?
- What are the Key Features of a Small Chiller?
- How Does a Small Chiller Work?
- What are the Advantages of Using a Small Chiller?
- Which Accessories can be Integrated With Small Chiller?
- What are the Applications of Small Chiller?
- Which Compressor is Used in Small Chiller for Refrigerant Compression?
- What is the Function of Microprocessor Controller in Small Chiller?
- Which Type of Condenser is Used for Heat Discharge in Small Chiller?
- What is the Heating and Emergency Mode of Small Chiller?
- Which Type of Heat Exchanger is Used in Small Chiller?
- What is the Thermostat of Small Chiller and How Does it Work?
- Which Steps Should be Followed While Charging and Discharging of Refrigerant in Small Chiller?
- Why is a Small Chiller Suitable to Use for your Small Scale Applications?
- How Can you Increase the Service Life of your Small Chiller?
- Which Safety Measures Should be Followed for Operating your Small Chiller?
- How to Increase the Working Efficiency of your Small Chiller?
- What is the Start-Up Procedure of Small Chiller?
- How to Size a Small Chiller for your Applications?
- How to Troubleshoot your Small Chiller?
What is Small Chiller?
Small Chiller is an outstanding moveable cooling unit that ensures the cooling of different industrial applications with varying heating loads.
It has a compact design to minimize the need for larger space for installation. Its small footprints occupy less space. It is a highly durable cooling system with easy installation and low maintenance costs.
Different processing machines are integrated for continuous heat dissipation as metalwork, drilling, milling and injection molding, etc.
Small Chiller Fabricated by TopChiller
What are the Basic Components of a Small Chiller?
Small Chiller configures heat discharging from an application by having some essential components as given below:
A hermetic scroll compressor is the fundamental component of a refrigeration circuit that is mediated to put compression over a refrigerant to increase its temperature and pressure.
The scroll compressor contains two scrolls that rotate over each other for refrigerant compression. It is also equipped with a crankcase heater and rubber vibration isolator.
An air-cooled condenser is preferably used for Small Chiller to dissipate the extra heat from an application collected by the refrigeration circuit.
It is featured seamless copper tubes that extend over aluminum fins. Aluminum fins are hydrophilic, ensuring protection from corrosion.
Fresh ambient air circulates over copper coils and absorbs heat from the refrigerant. After condensation of evaporated refrigerant, air releases out into the environment.
The evaporator is factory insulated and featured anti-freezing material optionally. The evaporator mediates the heat exchange efficiently between refrigerant and coolant.
The plate-type evaporator is preferably installed and occupies little space than the shell and tube-type heat exchanger. Refrigerant leaves evaporator with low pressure and temperature.
Axial fans are equipped with drive motors and enlisted with an IP54 protection rating. Axial fans maintain the airflow rate for final heat discharge from the refrigerant.
The electric panel consists of a microprocessor controller, breakers for the compressor, fan motor protection, and compressor contactors.
Small Chiller Control Panel
What are the Key Features of a Small Chiller?
A Small Chiller is configured with some basic features for entailing cooling effect as given below:
- Compact designed body made of corrosion resistive stainless steel material.
- Condenser coils are designed with copper and aluminum fins.
- Scroll compressor ensuring energy-efficient refrigerant compression.
- PHE and tube in tube type heat exchange occupy little space.
- Microprocessor control unit for regulating the whole unit.
- Air-cooled condenser for final heat discarding from the chiller.
- Expansion valves for releasing the pressure of the refrigerant.
- Emergency alarms protect the unit components from damage by indicating a problem.
- Lockable caster wheels help in easy movement of Small Chiller.
- Small footprints design occupies little space for installation.
- Environment-friendly behavior, easy installation, and maintenance.
Small Chiller Compressor
How Does a Small Chiller Work?
Small Chiller is a small-sized portable cooling unit. It is efficient in providing a cooling effect for different applications. Its working process is given below:
It dissipates the system’s heat using two fluids, coolant, and refrigerant, which circulate in the refrigeration cycle for heat release.
The plate-type heat exchanger receives the water from the required application as a coolant. Water gets hot and enters the heat exchanger by absorbing the system’s heat.
Liquid refrigerant circulates in convoluted tubes that are immersed in plates. The coolant circulates over the refrigerant and transfers its heat to the refrigerant.
As a result, the liquid refrigerant converts into a gaseous form and leaves the heat exchanger. Chilled water moves out and enters the application’s duct system to mediate the cooling effect.
A scroll compressor further processes the evaporated refrigerant. Scroll compressor efficiently increases the temperature and pressure of the gas. The scrolls of the compressor rotate to compress the refrigerant.
A condenser containing copper coils and aluminum fins receives the incoming refrigerant, and dissipates its heat through ambient air circulating over the condenser.
After that, the condensed refrigerant releases pressure through the expansion valve and enters the evaporator to cool down the coolant for the next refrigeration cycle.
What are the Advantages of Using a Small Chiller?
A Small Chiller offers a wide range of advantages for different industrial applications, especially those with little chiller installation space. These excellent advantages are given below:
Little Space for Installation
Compact design and small footprints configure the occupation of lower space for installation. It assists the industrial applications that have little room for chiller setup.
Long Service Life
The whole body is made of stainless steel material, copper coils, and aluminum fins of condenser to protect the unit from corrosion, making it durable with long service life.
Emergency Alarms for Unit Protection
In case of ups and downs in temperature, pressure, and voltage, the microprocessor unit activates the emergency alarms preventing the Small Chiller from extensive damage.
Noise Free Operation
Installation of scroll compressor ensures efficient and noise-free working of the unit.
Noise Free Small Chiller
Which Accessories can be Integrated With Small Chiller?
Though Small Chiller is a compactly designed, highly reliable, and energy-efficient unit liberating system heat.
But some accessories options can be integrated to increase working efficiency as per application needs. These accessory options are:
- Water Circuit Electric Heater
- Remote Condenser
- Electric Heater Impregnated with Coils for Defrosting
- SS Covering
- Tube in Tube Type Heat Exchanger
What are the Applications of Small Chiller?
Chilled water supply by Small Chiller assists the release of heat from an assorted number of small scale applications as given below:
- Laser Industry
- Plastic Industry
- Injection Molding
Small Chiller Applications
Which Compressor is Used in Small Chiller for Refrigerant Compression?
A scroll compressor is preferably used for Small Chiller for its reliable and energy-efficient working. It consists of a crankcase heater for maintaining oil temperate. Vibration isolators ensure the noise-free working of the compressor.
The scroll compressor comprises two scrolls. One scroll rotates over the fixed scroll unit and ultimately puts compression forces over the refrigerant.
Small Chiller Scroll Compressor
What is the Function of Microprocessor Controller in Small Chiller?
A microprocessor is a controller unit of a Small Chiller that regulates the cooling operation of the chiller. It is programmed with setpoints required for the regular operation of the whole unit.
All basic features of the chiller are inserted in the microprocessor at the factory. The microprocessor displays any setpoint change either of temperature, pressure, or voltage.
The emergency alarms are integrated with microprocessor rings to alert the operator about the problem. The problem is sorted out before completely damaging any part of the Small Chiller.
Which Type of Condenser is Used for Heat Discharge in Small Chiller?
The condenser is the fundamental component of the refrigeration cycle that ensures the condensation of gaseous refrigerant into the liquid phase.
The Small Chiller is mainly featured with air-cooled condensers.
Air Cooled Condenser
It is impregnated with copper coils and aluminum fins, making the condenser hydrophilic and preventing corrosion. Fresh air, good ventilation, and suitable ambient temperature trigger the installation of the air-cooled condenser.
The gaseous refrigerant with high temperature and pressure gets entered in copper coils of condenser.
At the same time, ambient air circulates over the coils. The air absorbs heat to condense it into the liquid phase as the refrigerant flows.
The liquid refrigerant gets cooled after heat liberation, leaves the condenser, and enters the evaporator to cool down the water.
Air Cooled Condenser Small Chiller
What is the Heating and Emergency Mode of Small Chiller?
A Small Chiller is a monobloc unit set to operate with different working modes. Cooling, heating, emergency, quiet, forced operation mode, etc., are installed as per application requisites.
The heating and emergency mode of the chiller are given below:
The heating mode works opposite to the cooling mode. The refrigerant gets heated in condenser coils. At the same time, the heat exchanger condenses the refrigerant by dissipating heat: the cooled water and heated refrigerant circulating in the heat exchanger in heating mode.
The refrigerant transfers its heat to circulating water. As a result, water gets heated, flows back in application ducts, and produces a heating effect.
While the refrigerant condensed back in the liquid state by releasing its heat. It again flows towards the condenser and heats up through an electric heater to continue heating.
The emergency mode turns ON in case of malfunctioning of Small Chiller. Mostly it is installed if the unit is working on heating mode with integrated electric heaters.
Emergency mode ensures the regulated working of an electric heater. When an electric heater produces enough heating required for the indoor application, it is switched off.
Which Type of Heat Exchanger is Used in Small Chiller?
Small Chiller is widely used for an assorted number of applications having little space for Installation. So it is designed in compact form to take little space for Installation.
For this purpose plate-type, heat exchangers are preferably integrated with it.
The plate-type heat exchanger contains tubes impregnated in plates occupying less space.
The refrigerant flows inside the tubing making turbulent flow for fast heat exchange between water coolant and refrigerant.
The plate heat exchanger has corrosion resistance and is impregnated with anti-freezing chemicals optionally.
Tube in Tube Heat Exchanger
A tube in the tube the heat exchange is also installed optionally based on application needs. It comprises two tubes that are coiled with each other compactly.
It helps in size reduction by occupying little space.
Heat Exchanger Used in Small Chiller
What is the Thermostat of Small Chiller and How Does it Work?
The thermostat is a temperature regulating unit of a Small Chiller. The thermostat maintains the heating or the cooling mode of the chiller at the required range.
The thermostat also maintains the temperature of the coolant.
It works on the thermal expansion principle. An increase in temperature causes a thermal expansion and triggers switches to power off.
After maintenance of temperature, the unit is turned ON for working.
Which Steps Should be Followed While Charging and Discharging of Refrigerant in Small Chiller?
The Small Chiller is charged with refrigerant in the factory. The change in refrigerant charging affects the working of the compressor.
It may get damaged or start improper working in case of overcharging or undercharging of refrigerant.
The refrigerant is discharged from the unit when maintenance or installation is required by following some basic steps as given below:
- Remove the outer casing and attach the charging valve with a hose to start discharging.
- Cut off the power supply and never start the discharging until the complete processing of the chiller may not stop.
- Follow the protective measures to get protection from frostbites while discharging.
- After completion of discharging, create the vacuum. If it is not generated, prevent the entrance of air inside by removing the connected hose.
- Again take the hose and connect the vacuum pump, monometer, and charging valve for adding vacuum.
- After that, make sure that the pressure should be less than 80Pa so that any leakage in pipes and tubing may be identified.
- If there is no leakage in pipes, charge the refrigerant and assure its charging for the liquid state. Charging in gaseous form can change its composition and deviation from the regular operation.
Small Chiller Environmental Friendly Refrigerant
Why is a Small Chiller Suitable to Use for your Small Scale Applications?
Small Chiller works similarly to chiller of large-sized, efficiently dissipate heat from a system. But it is considered more desiring for small scale applications due to the following features:
It is designed so that all of its components are compactly integrated to make the compact designed structure. Compact designing assists it to be installed at a small place.
Lockable Caster Wheels
Small size and integrated caster wheels help in its easy movement and Installation. After installation, the wheels can be locked to stay at is position.
Small footprints design occupy less space having the efficient cooling capacity for small-scale applications.
Lowe Space Occupying PHE
The plate heat exchanger takes less space in the Small Chiller, but its turbulence flow principle increases the rate of heat exchanging for small-scale applications.
Lockable Heavy Duty Caster Wheels for Small Chiller
How Can you Increase the Service Life of your Small Chiller?
Any damage or failure of the Small Chiller component may cause a disturbance in the industrial budget. By keeping in view some aspects, the service life can be increased as given below:
Check Out the Unit for Any Leakage
Make sure the monitor of the whole unit before use to find any leakage in pipes and tubes of refrigerant or coolant. Repair it if you find any leakage to prevent a significant loss.
Cut-Off Power Supply When you are Not Using Unit
If you are not using the chiller, be sure to remove the plug, cut off the power supply and place the unit in a safe place. Dust accumulation in the evaporator can decrease the service life.
Monitoring of Wiring and Voltage Adjustment
Also, monitor the whole wiring, power supply, and phase change to reverse the compressor action. Maintain the specific range of voltage supply to prevent damages by a short circuit.
Protection from Corrosion
Protect the unit from corrosion by assuring no dust accumulation and contact with other chemicals.
Which Safety Measures Should be Followed for Operating your Small Chiller?
Some safety measures should be followed for operating Small Chiller as given below:
- Ensure not to operate the unit when your hands are wet because it can produce electric shocks.
- Before cleaning, cut off the electric supply to protect from electric shock damages.
- Never place the gas cylinders or pressurized spray near the chiller as it can cause an explosion or fire to spread.
- Never turn on the Small Chiller when there is little or no water in it for processing.
- Always use specialized electric circuits for power supply instead of mobile terminal boards.
- Never place anything on the top of the chiller as there are chances of falling things.
- Always choose a place with a supply of fresh air and good ventilation for chiller installation. Good ventilation assists in efficient and energy-saving working.
- Never place any obstruction in the air inlet and outlet as air blockage decreases the unit’s working efficiency and ultimate stopping.
- Drain the chiller, cut off the power supply, and pull out the power plug when not used. Otherwise, dust will be accumulated, and the heat exchanger may get frozen or clogged to work.
- If there is any damage to your Small Chiller, never try to repair it yourself. Improper repairing may cause extensive damage, either fire explosion or electric shocks.
How to Increase the Working Efficiency of your Small Chiller?
The Small Chiller is configured to provide a cooling effect for different industrial applications efficiently. Its working efficiency can be further enhanced by keeping in view some considerations as given below:
Ensure the monitoring and inspection of the whole unit daily. Make a record of components’ performance. Repair or replace the chiller component which you find damaging its Performance.
Maintenance and Cleaning
All the components should clean daily to prevent the accumulation of dust that may cause hindrance in performance.
Cleaning of Heat Exchanger
Make sure to clean the tubing of the heat exchanger and feature it with anti-freezing material. It will prevent tubes from rusting and ensure working efficiency.
Pre Heating of Compressor Oil
Ensure to preheat the compressor oil almost eight hours before starting the chiller to prevent mixing oil with refrigerant. In this way, the working efficiency of the compressor is increased.
Small Chiller Monitoring
What is the Start-Up Procedure of Small Chiller?
Before starting operation, there is a need to keep in view some considerations for Small Chiller as given below:
- Check out the general appearance and internal piping of the chiller to confirm that no damage occurred during shipping.
- Also, figure out the accessories integrated with the chiller for increasing capacity or any other purpose.
- Ensure to perform the test to detect the refrigerant pressure in each part and identify any leakage you may find while testing.
- Cut off the power supply for testing the whole unit. After testing, preheat the scroll compressor for almost 8 hours.
- Also, heat the lubricating oil almost 8 hours before starting up so that it may not be mixed up with refrigerant causing damage to the compressor.
- Inspect that compressor oil temperature should not be above the ambient temperature. If you find a higher temperature, the heating tape might be damaged. Replace it or amend it first for temperature regulation.
- Check out the phase sequence of the power supply. If you find any disturbance in sequence, correct it before starting up Small Chiller. In this way, the scroll compressor will be protected from reverse rotation.
- So finally checkout the electric supply for last time by removing temporary supply. Determine the heat load, oil temperature, and mode.
- Startup the Small Chiller and observe the compressor, fan motor, expansion valve, etc.
- In case of high temperature and pressure, stop operating.
How to Size a Small Chiller for your Applications?
Small Chiller is a small-sized cooling unit designed to deal with different heat loads of industrial applications. Some key points should be considered while sizing the chiller as given below:
First, inspect the heat load of your application and then select the unit that will match your heating load.
Keep a slight margin and prefer the chiller with heat load capacity more significant than your requirements.
Type of Coolant
Different coolant has different heat absorption capacity and anti-freezing feature. By considering the heat load and ambient temperature, select the coolant chiller that exactly matches your needs.
Determine the ambient temperature and environmental conditions. If the air is clean with low ambient temperature, then select the air-cooled Small Chiller for your application.
Pump Flow Rate
Also, inspect the water pump’s flow rate, match it with your application needs, and select Small Chiller with a specified flow rate to deal with your application.
How to Troubleshoot your Small Chiller?
A Small Chiller is installed with small-scale applications for efficiently dissipating heat, mediating the cooling effect.
But sometimes problems may occur due to malfunctioning of some parts that can be troubleshot in the following way:
The Compressor is Not Working
If the compressor is not working correctly, the problem can be due to loose wiring, shortage of power supply, or full damage to the compressor.
This problem can be resolved by re-fixing wiring, reversing the phase, or replacing the damaged compressor with a new one.
Noise Caused by Fans
If the axial fan is making heavy noise while operating, it will represent that problem is losing of fan bolts, rubbing of fan blades with shell.
The problem can be troubleshot by re-fixing bolts, adjusting blades, or replacing the fan with a new one.
Noise Caused by Compressor
Sometimes the compressor of a Small Chiller starts to make noise due to liquid slugging in the compressor or breakdown of some of its internal parts.
Replace the compressor with a new one to mitigate the noise production. Check the expansion valve and compressor sensor; repair it to troubleshoot the problem if you find failure.
No Heating Production
If heat is not dissipated from the chiller, the compressor is running. The problem can be due to refrigerant leakage or improper working of the compressor.
The heat dissipation problem is sorted out by compensating for leakage and refilling refrigerant or replacing the compressor with a new one.
Small Chiller Routine Maintenance